Friday, October 06, 2006

No Soy in the Whole District?

In the past week I visited two different Starbucks on two different days at two different times, and in both experiences I was told that they were out of soy milk.

At the Starbucks on J Street in Sacramento on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m., I was told simply that they had a rush on soy earlier in the morning and they ran out. I pointed out something my wife has pointed out when they've ran out of soy before: can't they just go buy it at the store? It's not like it's specialty Starbucks soy, it's just a store brand.

So I was even more surprised when I went to the Starbucks on H Street on Thursday at 8 p.m. and found that they too were out of soy! One of the employees informed me that the entire Starbucks district in Sacramento was out of soy milk. I again pointed out that it was readily available at the grocery store, and the two employees agreed, saying that when they run out of regular milk, they often go to the store.

So I emailed Starbucks today, inquiring about their policy when it comes to running out of non-Starbucks specific items. I'll update you if they respond and if they apologize. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I bet they send you a couple free drink tickets to "encourage you to visit a Starbucks, again." I complained when they wouldn't let me order a drink 8 minutes to closing, because, as my dear friend with a mop stated, "we are closed." I agrued with him and reminded him that it was 8 minutes to closing. He just shrugged. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I complained and was told that adhearing to post store hours was of "paramount importance."

I hope you get your free drink tickets. You deserve them. But who are we kidding? Of course we'll go back.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger RE: peanut said...

Ack...this same thing happened to me at the Stoneridge Starbucks. I don't understand. I always get shitty service at SB's in the Bay Area...this would NEVER happen up here. Ever. They all live in fear of local CEOs walking in at anytime. It helps that the CEOs of Microsoft, Costco, Boeing, and Starbucks all live in the area and are probably friends. Plus, being northwesterners, are basically incognito in their yuppie, urban mountain climing gear. They could be anyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home