Thursday, October 19, 2006

What's in Your Wallet? Rude Customer Service Reps!

Karey shares her story of a bad experience with Capitol One.

I have been a dedicated customer of Capital One for close to 10 years. They were the first company to ever grace me with a credit card. And, despite the fact they gave me a measly $700 limit after 10 years, I continued to carry their card next to my others.

I, like many people I know, pay my bill online. After such a payment, I noticed the amount hadn't cleared my bank or posted to my account several business days later. I phoned customer service and asked if they saw a pending payment for my account. The crap-weasel on the phone told me "no" and suggested I make another online payment. So, I did. And, what do you know..... TWO payments posted, and I now had a $370 credit on my card.

I did not want a credit on my card, so I contacted the customer service department, again, to let them know I would like the funds ACH'd back to my account, since the card was now paid in full. This new crap-weasel I got to talk to told me that they were going to have to send me a check and I would receive my funds in 21 business days. I said that was unacceptable, since it was their fault I made 2 payments in the first place, and I asked to speak to his supervisor.

After holding for about 30 seconds, the weasel picked up my line and began talking crap about me (thinking he was speaking to his manager). I said pretty loudly "Hey!! I can hear you!!!" He fumbled with his phone, while mumbling "uuhhhh...." and abruptly put me on hold. When the supervisor came on the phone, I told her of the uncalled for rudeness I had experienced from her staff member and gave her his name. She responded to me, "We don't have anyone who works here by that name"!!! WHAT?! I just talked to him!! I was at about a 10 by this point. She again informed me that this error was not theirs and that I would be receiving my check in 21 business days. I told her that I have never had such awful customer service in my life, to which she replied, "That is also not our fault".

Long story short, I no longer have a Capital One credit card.

Thanks for your story Karey! If you have a story e-mail me!

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I like Cary's use of the term "crap-weasel." I might have to use that one!

Since when is bad customer service "not our fault?" Whose fault is it, then? Oh, right, it must be the consumer's fault - after all, we're the ones asking for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home