Monday, October 30, 2006

Somebody Help Her!

Since I haven't had a bad customer experience story this week, we'll let Jen share her's....

Last month I was sorting through the mail, and I noticed an envelope from Sprint. It looked and felt like a bill. Addressed to me and with my address, I was a bit confused. 'I don't have Sprint,' I thought. Sure enough, it was a bill for roughly $510. There was my name, my address, and a bunch of calls that I did not place.

A bit irritated and frightened, I called Sprint. I told the story to one person. He transferred me to "someone who could help me." She couldn't help me and transferred me to "someone who could help me." I then spent a good 30 minutes trying to convince this person that this was not my bill. Once he understood my problem, he transferred me to (you guessed it) "someone who could help me." She did. She took notes on the issue and told me not to worry, that the account was flagged and the next time someone places a call with the account they will deal with it.

28 days later . . .

So I'm sorting through my mail this afternoon, and I notice an envelope from Sprint. I know this envelope. I am now pissed. Inside is a bill for $8.75. Again, my name and address but strange numbers that are not mine.

So I call Sprint and tell the guy my story (extended now because it starts with, 'A month ago . . . .'). He can't help me, so he transfers me to "someone who can help me." She's awfully nice and listens to me but says she can't help me either and gives me another number to call.

I am exhausted. I was up at 5:30 AM, I just wanted to have a quick bite of something and collapse into bed, but instead I am talking to everyone at Sprint. I call the number and have to go through a ridiculous phone tree.

I finally get to where I think I need to be. Then I hear the following: "Thank you for calling Sprint. The office is currently closed. Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday . . . ."

Click.

Jen make sure you keep me posted on any developments with Sprint. As always, thanks for sharing your story!

Remember to e-mail me your stories of bad customer service! And remember to spread the word!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sounds to me like it could be a fraud issue. You might want to bring it up like that, and ask to speak to someone in the fraud dept (assuming they have one).

Sorry to hear about that, Jen. Hope it works out.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

Sprint sucks the BIG ONE. I spent literally 3 HOURS on hold with them in 2001. I never forgave them for it. I only stayed on hold because I wanted to see how long it could actually go-on. BIG TIP: if you're in a phone tree, select the option that says "to cancel service." You'll get a rep on the line VERY QUICKLY. Sad... The only time they jump to take your call is when you're going to cancel your service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home