Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sick and Tired of Home Depot

I've just about had enough with the way The Home Depot chooses to run its business. At my neighborhood location at Folsom Blvd. and Power Inn Road in Sacramento, the service has gotten progressively worse over the past few months.

My most irritating visit came just the other day.

I spent several minutes wandering the aisles looking for someone to help me with an exhaust vent. When I found someone she just said "I can't help you I'm a cashier" and kept walking past me and didn't offer to find someone who could help me.
I finally found someone who worked in the aisles. He was either a stoner or an idiot because he just stared at me with a blank face when I asked him my questions. His response, "I think we're out of whatever you need." Nice. Then he just stared at me until finally I turned and walked away. No "Sorry I couldn't help", no "Maybe we can order that for you"... just a blank stare.

Then came my absolute biggest grip about The Home Depot as of late: no cashiers. They don't open their registers anymore, they only have the self-checkout open. There's always a line full of people that just don't know how to work the system. And then there's the one employee that gets annoyed with everyone that hasn't figured out how to scan their own stuff. It's ridiculous and the company should be embarrassed.

I'm sure they feel they can get away with having a bare bones staff that doesn't know shit about home/construction products because they're they only store for miles around. There aren't even any Ace Hardware stores or the equivalent in the neighborhood and their closest competitors Lowe's and Orchard Supply Hardware are too far away.

I try to go to the mom and pop hardware store down the street, but they just don't have the things I need sometimes.

So I continue to go to The Home Depot anytime I need to get something for my house. And I continue to be frustrated.

If you want to share a customer service story send me an E-Mail.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I had a good experience at Home Depot yesterday... I was looking for a new shower head and an employee came right up to me and offered help and when the shower head I wanted wasn't there, he got a ladder and got one down for me. He almost dropped it on my head but I caught it and he apologized a billion times. Maybe it helps to be a girl?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home