Monday, January 08, 2007

What's the deal with soy?

I had another run in with Starbucks and their apparent inability to keep enough soy milk in stock (see previous post below). But at least this time, it was at the Starbucks in Safeway.

When I ordered my soy mocha, the wannabe barista told me they were out of soy. I got really irritated and said "You can't just go over to the health food section where there's like a whole shelf of soy milk, and grab one?" She responded "well they don't like us to do that." So I was less than thrilled, complained some, and finally she caved and said "alright I'll go get you some." And she returned with a basket full of soy milk, right off the shelf. See? Sometimes standing your ground works! Hopefully I didn't get that woman in trouble!

As always, I invite you to share your customer service stories! E-Mail me!

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I wonder why "they" don't like you to do that? I think Starbucks' located in Safeway stores are part of Safeway - they are run by Safeway employees. Why on earth are they not allowed to transfer one product to another area? They make a higher profit on soy milk being used in Starbucks drinks than they do on selling bottles of it.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah Marla, I thought it was ridiculous. And who is "they" anyways? Is it Starbucks? Safeway? It just seemed stupid. I almost felt like the woman was just too lazy to go get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home