Monday, November 06, 2006

SBC....Seriously Bad Cable

By far the worst customer service experiences I've had in the past three years have been with SBC Home Entertainment (now AT&T).

Since day one of my service with them, I've had to make monthly, weekly and sometimes daily calls for service because my cable is so bad. It's made worse by the fact that my apartment complex holds an exclusive deal with SBC/AT&T to be the sole provider of cable, telephone and DSL service. So no matter how upset I get, I can't cancel my service unless I'm willing to go without it, which I'm not.

The current and most frequent problem is that several of my channels are without audio. Right now it's Bravo, CNN and two other stations. So of course I called, and of course they're going to send out a technician between 8am and 5pm. So it's yet another day that I'll be sitting around waiting for someone to show up. I've pitched so many fits during the past three years that I've gotten tired of it. I got a few bills comped at times when it was absolutely horrible, times when half my channels had no audio or no picture. I've spoken to a handful of technicians who've all told me I'm one of only a few in the complex that has basic cable, and I'm the only one that calls when there's a problem. Apparently if you're willing to pay $100 a month for digital cable, you won't have any service problems. Seems like a scam to me.

So tomorrow, once again, I'll be dealing with an SBC technician who will be polite but absolutely useless. Only when I move out of this apartment, will I be able to really let loose on them.

Remember to e-mail me with your stories of bad customer service!

4 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

Comcast, baby. That's all I have to say... Well, maybe not for basic cable... Sorry, man. That is ASS!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I used to have Comcast and loved it! Great cable and internet. Wish I could get it back...

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....just wow. I was already floored when they said someone would be there, "between 8 and 5." They can't even give the standard 4 hr window (which is bad enough)?

When you're saying Comcast is great in comparison to a company, somethings horribly wrong. And now they've added Bell South to the evil empire, making them in some ways more powerful than when Ma Bell was broken up back in 84. Dump 'em! I'm planning on being off cable altogether soon and getting my TV from the internet (legally) thru iTunes season passes.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Digital Marketing said...


I like your post.

Technology News

Latest Technology News

Latest Tech News

 

Post a Comment

<< Home